You can take a cash payment or you can choose jewelry or gems to the equivalent amount. The choice is yours! Just give us a call and let us know what you’d like to do.
Some safari guides do extremely well every year out of commissions from us, earning many thousands
of dollars. The secret to their success is:
1. The most successful guides tell us that the ultimate way to increase sales and commissions is
actually is to integrate the gem and jewelry buying experience into your itinerary from the outset.
Make it part of the Nairobi day and talk it up, even in advance of the safari if possible.
2. “Camp Fire” talks – bring up the option a day or so before the end of the safari around the campfire
or at dinner in a lodge. If you are in Tsavo, use the opportunity to bring up Tsavorite. Otherwise try
to work into the conversation that East Africa sits on a pre-Cambrian gem rich belt called the
Mozambique Belt and is one of the gem richest areas in the world. Then you can offer them an
opportunity to see gems being cut and buy gems when they are in Nairobi.
3. Watch the videos at the bottom of this page and learn a little about the gems so you can talk them
Mainly, it is about being clever, introducing the subject in an innocuous way and then highlighting
that they are at the world’s only source of gems like Tanzanite and Tsavorite and that they are
running out so whilst in Nairobi it may be a great souvenir of their safari.
Direct your questions about shipping, returns,
payments and any other queries
If you can't find what you are looking for in our regular collections, submit a Special Request and let us cut / source it for you. You will be notified by email if we find a gem that matches your specs.
ASK A GEMOLOGIST FEATURE Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of our acclaimed Ask a Gemologist feature which affords you access to certified GIA gemologists is free of charge. However, you agree to the following tenets when you use the Ask a Gemologist feature:
1. You will be signed up as a member of theraregemstonecompany.com with all the rights and privileges of membership.
2. Questions addressed to the Gemologist panel must be related to our business. Questions unrelated to gemstones or jewelry on our website will not be answered.
FRIEND REFERRAL ADDED SUCCESSFULLY
Our system has opened them a Member's Account and sent them
an introduction email. If they purchase off the site, 6% of the sale
will automatically be credited to you EAG Account Statement